The Value of ANSI/SPRI/FM 4435/ES-1
Designing for Resilience, Safety, & Security
The ANSI/SPRI/FM 4435/ES-1 testing standard is crucial in securing commercial low-slope roofing systems. The image above depicts a connected structure with a newer & an older building with drastically different outcomes after the same high wind event:
- The building on the left with an ANSI/SPRI/FM 4435/ES-1 verified, tested, & installed edge system kept itself, its people, & its inventory safe with minimal damage.
- The building on the right with an older system installed prior to code adoption suffered total failure (starting at the edge), leading to significant business interruption & loss.
- Roof edge code compliance – costing only about 1% of the total project – is one of the most cost effective ways to improve outcomes from design-preventable loss.
Learn to ensure the resilience, safety, & security of your building & its occupants by registering for your Perimeter Edge Metal Wind Design: Understanding ANSI/SPRI/FM 4435/ES-1 webinar with Jason Hildenbrand, Director of Branded Sales, at 12 p.m. EST on Tuesday, November 28 (AIA & IIBEC approved).
- The importance of edge metal.
- Understanding the impact of wind.
- What ANSI/SPRI/FM 4435/ES-1 is and why it is necessary.
- ANSI/SPRI/FM 4435/ES-1 testing methods.
- Understanding how to calculate wind design pressure to comply with code requirements.
Attendees Are Eligible to Earn:
- 1 AIA Health, Safety, & Welfare (HSW) Learning Unit
- 1 IIBEC Continuing Education Hour (CEH)